The following Method Statement covers the procedure of how to install Asfab Washroom Products.
- Report to site manager/agent, attend site induction and ensure site is safe to begin work. Ensure all staff have PPE and carry out Asbestos check.
- Unload, unwrap products and tools and place in suitable location.
- Ensure adequate lighting, temperature and ventilation.
- Clean all components, removal all tools, dispose of all packaging from site.
- Seek signed approval from Client/Contractor
- Sign out from site
- De-panel prehung IPS Units and offer units into position checking frames are square & true and there is adequate space behind for cisterns etc.
- Drill, plug & screw into position through vertical frames taking care to avoid any pipes or cables.
- Repeat with additional frames using clamps where frames abut.
- Replace sectional IPS panels with any apertures necessary for soil pipes or cistern buttons/levers.
- Mark partition centres on rear wall and fix 3 channel brackets with drill, plug & screws.
- Place the partition into the brackets, drill through and secure using the bolt through fixing provided. A temporary floor support (150mm) will be required.
- Repeat until all the partitions are in place, making sure all are equally spaced.
- Fix 3 channel brackets to the centre of the mid cubicle pilasters. Place on the temporary support ant the front of the partition. Drill through and bolt up. Fix the side pilasters to the walls.
- At this stage the cubicle legs can be attached to the partitions but do not secure to the floor yet.
- Cut the headrail to length, offer this into position, drill and screw through the rear of the pilasters and into the back of the headrail.
- Attach the hinges to the front of the door and offer the door into position checking an overhang of approx. 40mm on the hinge side and 20mm on the lock side.
- Attach the door to the pilaster and then fit the lock to the pilaster opposite.
- After checking the door apertures are square and even the legs can be drilled, plugged & screwed to the floor (checking for underfloor heating)
- Finally door buffers, coat hooks and toilet roll holders can be attached.
Vanity Units (Pre assembled)
- Separate the top from the underframe
- Drill, plug & screw the underframe to the wall as required
- Place the top into position ensuring the top is level.
- Screw with screw the underframe to the top
- Attach any upstands with adhesive and silicone as required.